Permits and exemptions

  • Building permits

    Permits and exemptions for minor building work, all-in-one building permit.

  • Residential permits

    Permits and exemptions for temporary rentals, rental rooms, land register division, land register services, ground lease rights, affordable housing permit.

  • Event permits

    Permits and exemptions for large events, small events, serving alcohol, street markets, street festivals, street artists, demonstrations.

  • Housing and building products

    A selection from the catalogue of The Hague’s online products and services for in and around the house, building and renovation and social housing.

  • All-in-one permit for cutting trees

    Are you planning to prune, move or cut down a tree? You may need an all-in-one building permit.

  • Permit to use the public space

    Would you like to place a container, scaffold or other object in the public space? Or would you like to hang up a banner or party lights? Apply for a ‘Use of public space’ permit.

  • Notification of use of public space for building activities

    Will you be placing an object in the public space for less than 9 weeks, specifically for building activities? For example, a rubble container, scaffold, portable toilet or site cabin? Notify the municipality.

  • Exemption for traffic bollards

    Parts of The Hague are closed off to cars and trucks by retractable traffic bollards. Would you like to be allowed in for specific hours? Apply for an exemption.

  • On-street loading bay

    For businesses it is often difficult to load and unload on streets where many people park. You can apply for a loading bay.

  • Exemption for environmental zone

    The Hague's downtown area has been designated an environmental zone in order to keep the air clean. An exemption for the environmental zone allows a truck which is ‘too polluting’ to still enter the area.