Make an appointment at the municipality
On this page you can read how it works if you would like to make an appointment with the municipality. For example, to report the birth of a child.
In order to serve The Hague’s more than 500,000 inhabitants well, the municipality is working by appointment. The municipality can then reserve time for you and you can be certain that you will be served quickly and well.
The municipality urgently asks you to:
- Arrive on time for the appointment.
- Take all of the documents you need to your appointment. These documents are listed on the page of the product you are requesting.
- Are you unexpectedly not able to come? Cancel your appointment as quickly as possible.
For most of the municipality’s products you can make your appointment yourself online. To do this go to the . Click on the appointment button on the page of this product (for example: Register a birth). You will automatically get the (currently only available in Dutch) for this specific product.
Are you unable to make an appointment online for your product? Call the municipality on tel. 14070.
Are you unable to make an appointment on time through the website? Then you can phone tel. 14070. The municipality is sometimes able to get you an earlier appointment. This is possible in the following cases:
- If products are required to be registered within a legal deadline (for example, registering a birth).
- If your application has financial, legal or social consequences. For example, consequences for your income, a fine or consequences for the identification requirement to receive care.
- If you need to make an appointment urgently. If you are not able to make the application yourself and the people around you are unable to help you.
You do not have to make an appointment to pick up your new Dutch passport, identity card or driving licence. You can collect your document by showing your pick-up receipt and valid form of identification at the city office where you applied for it. To collect your document print a ticket from the ticket machine at the city office. The ticket will state the number of the counter where you can collect your document.
Would you like to cancel your appointment? You can do this using the link in the confirmation email you received when you made the appointment. Would you like to reschedule the appointment? Then you can .
You can pay in cash or use a bank card at City Hall Spui. You can only use a bank card at the Leyweg City Office. Unfortunately it is not possible to pay with a credit card. You can only make a cash payment with banknotes of € 100 or below. (Banknotes of € 200 and € 500 will not be accepted for safety reasons).