Apply for a permit for a small event
Do you want to organise an event which will have a relatively big impact on the public space such as a neighbourhood party, sports competition, parade, remembrance ceremony, pop concert or dance party? Then you need a permit.
Report an event or permit?
When is reporting the event enough? And when do you need a different type of permit?
- Fill in the Begin external link: , end external link. and see right away what you need for your event.
- For 1-day events with fewer than 250 visitors and little or no impact on the surroundings, it is often enough to Begin link: , end link. .
- Are you expecting more than 25,000 visitors? Then you need a Begin link: , end link. .
- If you are organising a market or street festival with the intention of selling goods or merchandise, apply for a Begin link: , end link. .
- Do you regularly hold events in a building? Then apply for a Begin link: , end link. (in Dutch).
- There will be between 250 and 25,000 visitors.
- The event will be held in a public space (park, square, sports field etc.)
- The permit holder is responsible for the event transpiring safely.
- Any costs for the organisation, measures (public order), roadblocks and cleaning of the event area are for the organiser.
- Serving strong alcoholic drinks is not permitted. If you wish to serve light alcoholic drinks, you need to apply for an exemption. In the application you can specify that you wish to serve alcohol. You will be directed to the additional conditions for serving alcohol.
- Food and drink must meet the standards of the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority. See Begin external link: , end external link..
- For events held on Sundays before 13.00 hrs. (with sound amplification), you need to apply for an exemption to the Sunday Act. You can specify this in the application for an event permit. See the Zondagswet on Begin external link: , end external link..
- details of the event
- details of the applicant
- map of the event
If you submit the report digitally, you will receive a link to a special programme which you can use to draw a map of the event.
Sample map(PDF, 761.7 KB)
standard safety plan. This in any case includes:
- safety measures: the name of the security company you are hiring, the number of security personnel, where you will deploy them and the contact details of the point of contact for the emergency services
- the measures you are taking to maintain public order
- deployment of first aid
- in the case of structures: specific construction details
Construction details of structures (in Dutch)(PDF, 17.2 KB)
You can apply for the permit online:
The fees (costs) for a small event which will have an impact on the area are € 658.65. These fees are for processing your application. You need to pay these fees even if the permit is not granted.
You must submit the permit application for an event at least 8 weeks before the start of the event.
- Are you holding your event in an area with retractable bollards? Then apply for an Begin link: , end link. in advance.
- Are you placing a stand to sell food or goods? Then also check the Begin link: , end link. (in Dutch). In this case you do not need to submit a permit for a small event.
- Are you applying for an event permit for the Binckhorst? Apply for an Begin link: , end link. .
- The municipality does not encourage bird shows.
- It is prohibited to deliberately release balloons.
- Only reusable plastic (for food and drinks) may be used.
- It is prohibited to drop burning or smouldering items in green areas.