Noise nuisance

There are different types of noise nuisance. Read what you can do if you have a complaint about noise.

The purpose of the Environmental Management Decree (Wet Milieubeheer) is to prevent noise pollution for residents. This law lays down general noise regulations for commercial operations.

Noise nuisance from companies

Are you bothered by noise or other nuisance caused by a company? You can report nuisance caused by a company to the Omgevingsdienst Haaglanden (ODH). Look for more information under Begin link: Report nuisance caused by a company, end link. .

Noise nuisance in Scheveningen

Do you live in Scheveningen and are you bothered by noise caused by businesses on the beach and the beach restaurants? You can report this 24 hours a day during the beach season (1 April to 1 October). Call the Muziekregeling Scheveningen (MRS) complaints telephone, tel. 0888-333 555. You can request to have the noise levels in and around your home measured.

Noise from an event

For questions or complaints about noise at public events you can contact the ‘geluidloket’ (noise desk). Send an email to Begin link:, end link. . In the case of noise nuisance during events you can contact the ‘geluidloket’ on tel. (070) 218 72 09 (also outside office hours). For other kinds of matters having to do with public peace, call the police on tel. 0900-8844.

Noise caused by aircraft

Nuisance caused by aircraft and construction activities do not fall under the Environmental Management Decree. You can inquire into the cause of aircraft noise at Begin external link: Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland(External link), end external link. (in Dutch).

Nuisance caused by construction or illegal building activity

Are you experiencing a problem caused by construction work? You can report this under Begin link: Report illegal construction work, end link. .

Other noise nuisance

Are you bothered by noise, a foul odour or light caused by a company? Report this to the municipality. Look for more information under Begin link: Report nuisance caused by a company, end link. .

To complain about loud music from your neighbours, call the Haaglanden police on tel. 0900-88 44. If you are experiencing noise from your neighbours on a structural basis, you can report this using Begin link: Report domestic nuisance, end link. .

Also see


How can we help?


More options

To contact page