Apply for a property division permit
Do you want to divide a residence in the land register (kadaster)? Then you might need a property division permit.
- Only the owner of the residence may apply for a property division permit.
- A property division permit is required for all buildings which contain living space being let under the rental price limit. This amount is € 879.66 per month (as of 1 January 2024).
- There should be no objections to the division. And there should be no overdue maintenance due on the property. Read more in the council file management system (Begin external link: , end external link.).
- a division plan
- a structural report
You can apply for a property division permit using the Property division application form (Aanvraag kadastraal splitsen):
Formulier Aanvraag kadastraal splitsen(PDF, 92.4 KB)
- Print out the form, complete it and send it together with the required documents by post to:
Dienst Stedelijke Ontwikkeling (DSO)
2500 DP Den Haag
- You can also complete the form and send it together with the required documents by email to: Begin link: , end link.
- Once the permit has been issued, a notary must complete the division. Only when the notary has had the deed of division and the drawings registered in the land register can the apartments be sold separately from each other.
€ 193.15 per property (for each apartment right) up to a maximum of € 3,750 per application.