Permits for the public space

  • Permit to use the public space

    Would you like to place a container, scaffold or other object in the public space? Or would you like to hang up a banner or party lights? Apply for a ‘Use of public space’ permit.

  • Notification of use of public space for building activities

    Will you be placing a scaffold, rubble container (rubbish skip), portable toilet, site cabin or other object in the public space for building activities? Then you need to notify the municipality.

  • On-street loading bay

    For businesses it is often difficult to load and unload on streets where many people park. You can apply for a loading bay.

  • Shooting a film in The Hague

    Would you like to shoot scenes for a film, music video or television series? If so, The Hague offers many options. Contact the Film Office for advice or apply for a permit right away.

  • Exemption for retractable traffic barriers

    Pedestrian zones are closed off by retractable traffic barriers at fixed times. You can apply for an exemption if needed.

  • Apply for a permit to hold a private market

    Would you like to organise a private market or street festival? These may be held in 1 of the designated locations. You need a permit for this.

Public announcements of permits can be found on the website