Care and support

  • Advice and Information desk

    Do you need help applying for a social welfare benefit? Or do you have questions about measures for people with a low income? Visit an Advice and Information desk.

  • What is the Social Support Act (Wmo)

    Do you need assistance with your daily activities due to illness, a disability or age? Such as housecleaning or transportation? Or do you need other assistance, such as a wheelchair or a stair lift? The municipality can help you through the Wmo

  • Reserve or cancel AV 070

    Do you have an AV 070 pass? Reserve a ride with the AV 070. You can reserve it online or by telephone.

  • Overview of Ooievaars measures for low-income households

    People with a low income often have the right to special measures. We called these 'Ooievaars' measures (Ooievaarsregelingen). See what you are eligible for.

  • Apply for the Ooievaarspas (reduction card)

    Do you have a low income? Apply for the Ooievaarspas. The Ooievaarspas gives you and your family a discount on all kinds of fun activities like sports, excursions, memberships and courses.

  • Legal advisors: help and advice for legal problems

    Do you have legal issues or problems? You can get legal assistance during a consultation with the municipality's legal advisors (sociaal raadslieden). Make an appointment for this.

  • Benefits

    If you are a resident of the Netherlands and The Hague, you may be entitled to benefits. There are several types available for housing, healthcare and childcare. You can apply by using your DigiD.

  • Language requirement for benefits

    Are you receiving welfare benefits? The government requires that you be able to understand, read, speak and write Dutch reasonably well.

  • Low-cost health insurance from municipality

    The municipality has arranged for a low-cost health insurance for people in The Hague with a low income. This is the Hague health insurance. You will then have a comprehensive insurance policy with VGZ.

  • Servicepunt XL: for information, advice and help

    Do you have questions about work, care or your personal situation? In The Hague there are 17 Servicepunten XL. Make an appointment for free assistance.

  • Treatment outside office hours

    For medical treatment or advice by a general practitioner after hours and on weekends and holidays, contact Hadoks.

  • GGD Haaglanden

    Questions about healthy living, sex, diseases (such as the coronavirus) and travel vaccinations? Or would you like to file a report as a health professional? GGD Haaglanden gives you expert advice or treatment or refers you to the relevant authority.

  • Centre for Sexual Health in The Hague

    The Centre for Sexual Health offers tests and check-ups for sexually transmitted infections, free of charge.