Advice and Information desk

Do you want help applying for a welfare benefit, special assistance, Ooievaarspas or the individual income allowance? Or do you have questions about other measures for people with a low income? The staff of the Advice and Information desk provide free assistance.

You can stop by for a personal talk. The staff will answer your questions about income, work, care and well-being. And they will refer you to the right counter. You can use a computer and copy machine at the Advice and Information desk to arrange your affairs with the municipality.

Visit without an appointment

In the following situations you can stop by without an appointment:

  • You want to apply for a welfare benefit for people 18 to 26 years old.
  • You want to pick up an application form for special assistance (bijzondere bijstand), the individual income allowance or the fund for the chronically ill and disabled.
  • You want to submit documents for the Department of Social Affairs (SZW).
  • You are no longer unable to pay for food or shelter because of financial problems.
  • You are facing eviction from your home.
  • Your power or water is being cut off.
  • You want to apply for an advance on your welfare benefit.
  • You want to know if you are eligible for a food package from the Foodbank.
  • You want to arrange assistance through the Social Support Act (Wmo).
  • You do not understand a letter.
  • You want to write a preliminary objection to a decision (by the municipality).
  • You want to report your new OV-chipkaart number (if you are using Begin link: Free travel, end link. ).
  • You want to request or activate a DigiD code.
Please note: You can submit your documents using a USB stick or mobile phone. Do you have a mobile phone? Do not forget your USB charging cable.

Visit with an appointment

Make an appointment if you want assistance to:

  • apply for a welfare benefit for people from 27 years old up to AOW pension age
  • apply for special assistance (for the 1st rent, moving costs, decorating costs, legal aid, supplement for rent and mortgage payments, medical costs and other costs)
  • apply for an Ooievaarspas
  • apply for the individual income allowance
  • apply for the fund for chronically ill and disabled
  • extend the food package from the Foodbank (if you applied the first time at the Advice and Information desk)
  • apply for an AIO supplement from the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB). Read more on the Begin external link: website of the SVB(External link), end external link..

Which documents are needed

Always take the following documents with you:

  • valid identity document (identity card or passport)
  • copy of your bank statements from the last 3 months: all bank and savings accounts for you and your partner
  • copy of your income and/or allowance specification for you and your partner
  • login information for your DigiD
  • login information for your bank and email 
  • if you do not have all your information: written proof why you are unable to submit the documents (on time)

Extra documents

  • application for welfare benefit:
    • overview of the income for you and your partner
    • the letter showing your allowance or employment has ended
    • the rental contract or purchase deed
  • application for special assistance:
    • copy of the (preliminary) invoice for the unexpected necessary costs
  • application for special assistance for necessary medical expenses:
    • your health insurance policy document
  • application for special assistance for legal aid: 
    • the ‘civiele toevoeging’ and invoice from the attorney
  • application for fund for the chronically ill and disabled:
    • the letter showing that you have the right to Wmo assistance or long-term care

    Make an appointment

    You can make an appointment at the Advice and Information desk. You can also call Begin link: SZW customer service, end link. .

    Customer satisfaction survey

    Would you like to tell the municipality what you thought about your visit to the desk? Indicate this to the staff member. You will receive an email inviting you to take part in a customer satisfaction survey. Would you rather do this right away? Then you can fill in the questionnaire on the ticket machine. The municipality will process your answers safely and anonymously.

    Submit a complaint

    Do you have a complaint about the municipality’s services? File your complaint. Read more on the page Begin link: Make a complaint, end link. .

    How it works

    When you enter the city district office, you take a number from the ticket machine. A municipal employee can help you. You then take a seat in the waiting area. Wait until your number appears on the screen so that you know which staff member can help you.


    • Centrum district office, Spui 70
    • Leyweg City Office, Leyweg 813

    Open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 16.30 hrs.


    How can we help?


    More options

    To contact page