Apply for Wmo support
Do you need help with your daily activities due to illness, a disability or old age? And are you unable to arrange this help yourself (or together with family, friends or neighbours)? If so, you can contact the municipality for certain types of requests for help. For example, help in the household or a disability aid such as a wheelchair or stair lift. To get this you need to apply for Wmo support.
- Do you need help? Before you apply, see .
- Do you meet the ? If so, apply for Wmo support.
- The municipality will call you after you apply. It will make an appointment for a conversation. During this conversation, the municipality will discuss with you what you need. Sometimes this conversation will be held over the telephone, and sometimes a Wmo official will visit you at home.
- The municipality will try to give you tailor-made advice within 6 weeks after you have had the conversation. Sometimes more time is needed. Your contact person will inform you if this is the case. The advice you receive will be entirely adapted to you, your help request and your situation.
- Is the municipality advising Wmo support? Then the Wmo official will work together with you to apply for the support.
You can apply for Wmo support if you:
- need help with your daily activities due to illness, a disability or old age. For example, a wheelchair or mobility scooter, taxi transport (AV 070), a stair lift or help in the household
- are unable to arrange help yourself (or together with family, friends or neighbours) in order to continue living independently
You can apply for Wmo support in 3 ways:
Fill in the form. Click on the button:
Are you submitting a Wmo report through the digital form? Then you can add extra documents if you want. These could be any documents which you think are important for your help request. For example, a personal plan. Make sure not to add any medical information. It is not mandatory to add information.
Do you need urgent help? Follow these steps:
- Submit a request using the .
- Call Customer Service on tel. (070) 353 75 00 (option 2). Explain that your request is urgent.
- A Wmo official will look at your request. The official will inform you if your request will be handled as an emergency request. This will happen within 2 working days.
These are examples of when you can make an emergency request:
- You have been discharged from a hospital or facility and can only go home if you have help there.
- Your physical disability will get worse if help is not there right away.
- Your caregiver or buddy is (temporarily) unable to care for you.
- You have been told that you do not have long to live. You need immediate help.
- You have a muscular disease which is getting worse. Because of this you need help in the household.
- Parents or caregivers are suddenly not available in a family with young children. Or in family with 1 parent.
- You can make a report under the Compulsory Mental Healthcare Act (Wet verplichte geestelijke gezondheidszorg, Wvggz).
- Your partner was getting help in the household through the Wmo but has passed away. The indication must now be put in your name.
- You suddenly require immediate help and cannot get this help from family, friends, acquaintances or neighbours.
- Your partner was getting household care under the Wet langdurige zorg (Wlz). But your partner has passed away or has moved to a Wlz facility. This is why the care under the Wlz has stopped. You require urgent household care yourself.
Write a personal plan
Are you going to submit a Wmo request? If so, you can choose to write a personal plan. The plan should indicate what you think the solution is for the help you need. For example, advice from an occupational therapist on home alterations.
Look at the example of a personal plan.
Example of a personal plan (in Dutch)(PDF, 76.5 KB)
A personal plan is different from a personal budget plan.
You can upload your personal plan when you apply for Wmo support. Do you want to submit your personal plan at a later time? If so, indicate this when you apply for Wmo support. You can send the personal plan within 7 days after applying for Wmo support at the municipality.
Gemeente Den Haag, afdeling Wmo
2502 VB Den Haag
The municipality will call you for an appointment. Because it is busy, it may take longer for the municipality to contact you. We apologise for this.
Help provided through care in kind or personal budget
Have you applied for Wmo support? And are you receiving help through the Wmo? You can receive help in 2 ways: care in kind (zorg in natura) or a personal budget.
- Care in kind means you receive help from a care provider which the municipality has contracted. Read more about .
- With a personal budget you have to arrange everything yourself. You choose your own care provider. You are responsible for arranging everything and taking care of the administration yourself. Read more about the personal budget.
You are already receiving help and you have a question
For questions you can contact the municipality or your care provider. Find out who you can contact for specific questions.
- a change in your situation
- extending the help in your household
- the quality of the support provided
- complaints about your provider
- changing provider
- complaints or questions about the help provided
- a replacement for your caregiver if he is ill or on holiday
- the times when your caregiver is coming to your house
- an overview of the care provided
- your support plan
For all other questions, call SZW customer service on tel. (070) 353 75 00 and select option 2.
Are you making little or no use of Wmo support? If so, you can terminate the support. Click on the button ‘Stop Wmo support’. Is your support not listed in Step 2? Then choose the box most similar to your support. You can indicate which support you want to terminate in Step 3.