Quick permits for minor building work

Are you planning to build a roof dormer, replace window frames, build a conservatory onto your house or have other minor building work done? In most cases you can obtain a permit within a few weeks.

The municipality can quickly issue a permit for the activities listed below.

  • extensions
  • wall removal/building demolition
  • roof dormers and skylights
  • dovecotes
  • bicycle shed in the front garden
  • changes to window frames and façades
  • advertising (small wall advertising is permit exempt)
  • roller shutters and awnings
  • satellite dish
  • combining 2 homes into one
  • flagpole
  • solar collectors and solar panels

For these types of minor building work, the municipality can assess your application on a limited number of criteria.

Needed to apply Watch the video 'Wanneer vraagt u een Omgevingsvergunning aan bij verbouwen' ('When do you need to apply for an all-in-one building permit') on the municipality’s YouTube channel.

Apart from the application form, you may also have to submit 1 or more of the following depending on your application:

  • scale drawings of the current and new situation
  • scale drawings showing details, floor plans, façades, cross-sections
  • photos, also of the surroundings
  • constructive drawings and calculations
  • calculations showing that the plan meets the building code
  • soil investigation
All drawings must state the relevant sizes, colours and materials and be drawn to scale.

How long does it take?

As soon as the municipality has received all the required information, it usually takes a few weeks for a decision to be taken. It is possible that your plan also needs an exemption from the zoning plan (in Dutch). Or that the information you provided is not complete. In that case the process may take longer.

Permit exempt

  • Building work: a permit is not always needed for minor renovations. These renovations are permit exempt. You can apply for a ‘statement of permit exempt building work’ directly and quickly online. Do you want to know if your building plans are permit exempt? Go to the website http://denhaag.vergunning.blitts.nl (in Dutch) and make an account. You can use this programme to make the drawings you need for your contractor. A short informative video explains how this works.
Applying for an all-in-one building permit Watch the video about applying for an all-in-one building permit on the municipality’s YouTube channel.
  • Small wall advertising: Would you like to affix a small advertisement to your exterior wall? For example a lightbox, advertising sign, lettering, price list, name plate or flag? In some cases these are permit exempt. For more information see Kleine gevelreclame zonder vergunning aanbrengen (Attaching small wall advertising without a permit, in Dutch).

Calculate your building fees

The municipality charges fees for a permit. These fees are called 'leges'. If you need a permit, you can calculate the fees for your building or renovation plans. The amounts are set in the municipality's fees directive for all-in-one building permit.

Discount on building fees

Are you planning to build or renovate to make your property more sustainable? Then you may qualify for a discount on the building fees.

Apply for a permit

Apply for your permit in the Omgevingsloket Online (OLO): www.omgevingsloket.nl. If this does not work, email your application with the required documents to: oloaanvraag@denhaag.nl.

Also see: Apply for an all-in-one building permit

Publié: 22 May 2019Dernière mise à jour: 25 June 2019