Apply for waste tax refund

In certain cases you can get a refund for the waste tax. This usually happens automatically. If you did not get an automatic refund, you can apply for it yourself.

You will get a refund for the rest of the year if:

  • everybody from the same household moves
  • the sole occupant dies

No refund

The amount of waste tax owed for the year will not change if:

  • somebody moves in with you during the year
  • somebody leaves your household
  • somebody in your household dies

The amount of waste tax owed will not change until the following year.

Are you moving within the municipality? Then you will get an assessment notice for the waste tax for your new address.

Your request will be processed within 8 weeks after it is submitted.

You can apply for a refund online or by post.

Apply online

You can apply for a refund via ‘bezwaar maken’ in MijnDenHaag.


Apply for tax refund in MijnDenHaag

Apply by post

You can also request a refund by post. You will need your assessment notice for this. The letter should include:

  • your name and address
  • the type of tax
  • the tax year
  • the assessment number
  • the reason for your request
  • the date of your request
  • your signature

Send the letter to the Municipal Tax Department or submit it at the municipal counter at the Leyweg City Office.

Do you have any questions? Contact the Municipal Tax Department.


How can we help?