Apply for individual disabled parking space

An individual disabled parking space is a special parking space next to your home or work. It is meant only for your vehicle.

How does it work?

  1. You submit an application by filling in the form and sending it in by post.
  2. You do not yet have a European disabled person's parking card? Then you must first apply for this. You will get a medical assessment.
  3. Do you meet the requirements? Then the municipality will construct the disabled parking space for you. The parking space is only for a vehicle with your number plate.  

Paying for paid parking

Is your parking space located in an area with paid parking? You might also be able to apply for a disabled resident's parking permit. You then will not have to pay for parking each time. You can apply for the parking card, the parking permit and the parking space at the same time.


  • You have a valid European disabled person's parking card.
  • Do you have your own parking space or is there enough parking space next to your home or work? Then you will not be able to get an individual disabled parking space.
  • The municipality will evaluate the availability of parking in your street when reviewing your application.

Are you applying for a parking space as a passenger? Then there are extra conditions:

  • The number plate of the vehicle, which you are using to apply for a parking space, is registered at your home address.
  • Your partner (who lives with you) or housemate is able to assist you in getting in and out of the vehicle or in pushing a wheelchair. If this is not the case, then your partner or housemate might also get a medical assessment.
  • The driver is able to safely stop near your home to help you get in and out of the vehicle.


      You can apply as a driver or passenger.

      Print the form, complete it and send it to the address stated at the bottom of the form.

      Application form: Parking facilities for people with a disability (PDF, 215,4 kB)

      You can use this form to apply for other parking facilities. Such as a parking permit or the European disabled person’s parking card.


      Constructing or moving the parking space is free of charge.

      Good to know

        • A space will be constructed:
          - at the first possible parking space nearest to the front door of the home or work address
          - at more than 5 metres from an intersection
          - not in front of an exit or driveway
        • The municipality will place an E6 traffic sign by the parking space according to the traffic regulations.
      • Would you like to cancel your parking space? Send an email to State in your email that you want to cancel your space. Do not forget to include your name and address.

        You can also send a letter to:

        Gemeente Den Haag, afdeling Gehandicaptenparkeren
        Postbus 12651
        2500 DP Den Haag

      • Are you going to move and would you also like a parking space at your new address? Send an email to The municipality will investigate what the possibilities are at your new address. 
      • Do you have a different car temporarily? And does the number plate sign by your parking space not match the other number plate? Request a permission card. The permission card allows you to keep parking in the same parking space. Contact the Municipal Parking Division.

        Do you have a different car permanently? You can report this via Replace parking sign and markings for reserved parking space

      Also see: