Apply for European disabled person’s parking card
A European disabled person’s parking card allows people with a disability to park in general disabled parking spaces. You also need the card to apply for a disabled resident’s parking permit or individual parking space.
- You apply on the website of Calder Werkt. You can find the link under Begin link: , end link. .
- You pay the fees for the medical assessment (€ 202.51, fee Calder Werkt) during the application process on the website of Calder Werkt.
- Calder Werkt will contact you to make an appointment for the for the Begin link: , end link. .
- Do you meet the conditions for a European disabled person’s parking card? You will receive notification from the municipality.
- You can pick up the card at City Hall Spui or the Leyweg City Office.
Apply for a parking permit or parking space
If you want to apply for a Begin link: , end link. you must always be in possession of a European disabled person’s parking card.
- You are registered in The Hague. If you are not registered in The Hague, then you can apply for a European disabled person’s parking card at the Begin external link: , end external link. (CBR).
- You must get a medical assessment at Calder Werkt.
As of 19 December 2022 you can apply for the medical assessment on the website of Calder Werkt. During the assessment Calder Werkt will check if you meet 1 of the following conditions:
- You are a driver. You can walk independently no more than 100 metres.
- You are a passenger and you can walk independently no more than 100 metres. You need the help of a driver for door-to-door transportation.
- You are confined to a wheelchair.
Do you meet the conditions? Then you will get the parking card. You cannot get a parking card for a visual handicap.
- A recent passport photo (by a professional photographer)..
- Are you applying for a European disabled person’s parking card for drivers? Then you must also send a copy of a valid driving licence.
You apply for the parking card at Calder Werkt.
Transportation for a facility
Are you in charge of the (collective) transportation for people with a disability who are living in a facility? Then you can apply for a parking card for the facility.
The parking card will state the surname of the director and the name of the facility/transporter. The card is not connected to a specific vehicle.
Print the form out, complete it and send it to the address stated at the bottom of the form.
Application form for a European disabled parking card for a facility (in Dutch)(PDF, 131.8 KB)
Fees in 2024:
- Medical assessment by Calder Werkt: € 202.51
- European disabled person’s parking card: € 42.15
You pay the fees for the medical assessment on the website of Calder Werkt during the application process. Please note: you will not get reimbursed for these fees if you do not pass the medical assessment.
Pay for the card when you collect it
You pay the fees for the card when you pick it up.
You can pay in cash or use a bank card at City Hall Spui. You can only use a bank card at the Leyweg City Office. Unfortunately it is not possible to pay with a credit card.
Do you have a low income? Then you can apply for Begin link: , end link. for the medical assessment.
- your appointment cards for your visit to specialist(s)
- medicines which you used up to a month before the visit or a printout from your pharmacy
- your medical information. Such as the diagnosis and your limitations. And as of when you have been treated for this. This can include a printout from the GP file, letters from specialists or statements from your care providers.
- results of medical tests. Such as lung capacity, stress test, fitness tests, asthma and other chronic obstructive diseases tests, X-rays.
A European disabled person’s parking card is valid throughout the Netherlands and all European Union countries. The card is ook valid in Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. The card is valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- You are allowed to use a European disabled person’s parking card to park your car for free in the Begin link: , end link. in The Hague. Place your European disabled person’s parking card behind the windscreen.
- You may not park for free in the parking garages in The Hague or in other paid-parking spots.
- Your disabled parking card allows you to park for free in spots where parking is prohibited. These spots are indicated by the Begin external link: , end external link.. Your car may not park there for longer than 3 hours. You should therefore clearly display your parking disc next to your parking card.
- Would you like to park in other spots? Then also apply for a Begin link: , end link. .
You will be notified before your parking card expires.
- Does your medical situation need to be reassessed? You will then be notified 2 months before the expiration date.
- Is a reassessment not required? You will hear this 1 month before the expiration date.
No number plate is printed on your parking card. Will you be getting a different car? You do not need to inform the municipality. Do you have a parking permit? Inform the municipality about the Begin link: , end link. .
Has the person who was using the card died? Or would you like to cancel the parking card yourself?
Return the European parking card to the municipality. Send a letter with the reason you want to cancel and the parking card to:
Gemeente Den Haag, afdeling Gehandicaptenparkeren
2500 DP Den Haag
Do you have a question about the medical assessment? Contact the Municipality of The Hague by sending an email to Begin link: , end link. .
Do you have a different question? Contact the Begin link: , end link. .