• Ground lease

    Ground lease in The Hague, conditions, reissue offer, paying, from ground lease to own land, paying off the leasehold in perpetuity.

  • Finding a house

    The Hague offers great variety in the type of neighbourhood, from bustling and urban to leafy-green residential, from central to more isolated.

  • Non-commercial renting

    If you would like to look for a rental property outside of the commercial market, there are a number of websites you can consult.

  • Affordable housing permit

    Are you going to rent a property? Then you sometimes need an affordable housing permit. Apply for this on time at the municipality.

  • Rental advice from the Fair Rent Team

    If you are paying too much rent, you can call in the Fair Rent Commission or first ask for advice from the municipality’s Fair Rent Team.

  • The Hague Housing Inspection Bureau

    The Hague Housing Inspection Bureau is actively working to improve the quality of life and safety in the city. Inspectors track down nuisance and illegal activities in homes and businesses.

  • Request a house number

    A house number is needed for mail delivery and for emergency services to be able to reach you. Do you not have your own house number? Request one from the municipality.

  • Alternative address

    Everyone residing in the Netherlands has to be registered as a tenant/resident at the address where he spends their nights. The municipality will register you at the address where you reside. No home address? You can specify an alternative address.

  • Ground lease in The Hague

    Ground lease (erfpacht) is the right to use land owned by the Municipality of The Hague. The municipality charges a fee for this and you are bound to legal conditions.

Domestic nuisance

  • Report domestic nuisance

    Are you bothered by noisy neighbours or other people in your neighbourhood? Or is the home overcrowded or being sublet unlawfully? See what you can do.

  • Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre

    Residents of The Hague may report any nuisance they experience in their living environment to the Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre.

Renting out

  • Renting out a room

    Do you want to let all the rooms in your home? Or do you just have a spare room you would like to let? If so, there are a number of conditions you have to comply with.

  • Renting out your home to tourists

    In The Hague it is illegal to rent out your entire home or part of your home to tourists as a holiday rental.

  • Renting out a building for short stay accommodation

    Are you a landlord and do you want to rent out (part of) a building, for example to business visitors, expats or exchange students who will spend a short time in The Hague? If so, you must follow a number of rules.

  • Converting a house into rental rooms

    Do you want to convert a house into rental rooms? If so, you will need a conversion permit from the municipality.