Notification of use of public space for building activities

Will you be placing an object in the public space for less than 9 weeks, specifically for building activities? For example, a rubble container (rubbish skip), scaffold, portable toilet or site cabin? Then you need to notify the municipality.

You must notify the municipality at least 24 hours before the object is placed. The location must be free from other objects and activities. You can check this on the accessibility map. Private persons and companies may notify the municipality.

Are you planning to place an object in the public space which will not be used for building activities? Then you need to apply for a Permit to use the public space.


The notification must meet the following conditions:

  • The item may only be placed during a period in which the relevant location is free from other objects and activities.
  • The items may not be placed longer than needed to carry out the building activities. There is 9-week maximum.  
  • The item does not cause any disturbance or danger:  

    • there remains a free passage of 1.5 metres on the sidewalk
    • it is not standing in the way of fire hydrants and other street furniture
    • it is not standing on special parking spots for disabled people, taxis and loading and unloading bays
    • it is not blocking other parts of the road or access to buildings
    • it does not cause damage to the road or greenery.

Notification by private persons

Are you a private person and would you like to temporarily place an object for building activities? Then you can notify the municipality.

Send an email with your notification at least 24 hours in advance to the road authority in your city district. You can also contact the road authority if you are not sure whether you meet the conditions.  

Your email must contain the following information:

  • Your name (initials, prefix, surname), street, house number, postal code and place of residence.
  • Your telephone number.
  • Your email address.
  • The location and dimensions of the scaffold.
  • The starting date of its placement.
  • The date the scaffold will be removed.

    Email addresses of city district road authorities

      Notification by company

      Are you notifying the municipality on behalf of a company? Then you must use the programme ‘LTC Meldingen & Vergunningen’. You need login details to use this. You will first need to register online. Notify the municipality at least 24 hours before the item is placed.

      Notify the municipality


      Notifying the municipality is free of charge.