Apply for the Ooievaarspas (reduction card)
The Ooievaarspas is a free pass for people with a low income. You can use the Ooievaarspas to do fun things in The Hague and surroundings. For example, you can do sports, go to a concert or take a class. Most of the activities are free. Or there is a discount. The pass is for the entire family.
- You live in The Hague, Leidschendam-Voorburg or Rijswijk.
- Your income is not higher than 130% of the (bijstandsnorm).
- Your capital (for example, money in your bank or savings account) falls below the (vermogensgrens).
- Are you a business owner? Your business assets will not be taken into account when your application for an Ooievaarspas is assessed.
- Are you studying at a university of applied sciences (HBO) or university (WO)? Then you should not have the right to a student loan or supplementary grant from the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO).
- Your bank statements from the previous month. For example, if you are applying for the pass in April, then you need to send in the bank statements from March.
- A copy of the proof of identity for your partner if you have a partner.
You live in The Hague
You receive welfare benefits
Then you will automatically receive a letter which states how you (and your family) can get the Ooievaarspas. Have you lost this letter? Call SZW customer service (070 – 353 75 00). You can also visit the .
You do not receive welfare benefits
If you meet the conditions, you can apply for an Ooievaarspas.
Ooievaarspas lost or damaged
Have you lost your Ooievaarspas or was it damaged? Apply for a replacement pass. Your old pass will then be blocked.
Apply for your children
You can apply for an Ooievaarspas for all of your (acknowledged) children under the age of 18 years. Even if they do not live with you. Fill in your children’s information on the application form. Children aged 18 years or older have to fill in the application form themselves.
Help with your application
You live in Leidschendam-Voorburg or Rijswijk
You will receive a letter within 8 weeks of submitting your application. The letter will tell you whether or not you will be getting an Ooievaarspas.
Do you have the right to an Ooievaarspas? Then you will get a new letter within 4 weeks. Use this form to send the municipality the photos for the pass.
Extend the Ooievaarspas
You will receive a letter before 1 November stating whether your Ooievaarspas will be extended for the following year. You did not receive any notification before 1 November? And would you like to extend the Ooievaarspas? Submit a (new) .
Change your name or photo
The pass will use the name which is registered in the municipality’s Personal Records Database (BRP). If your personal information is not correct, you should first have your . Once they have been corrected, you can apply for a new pass.
If you only want to change a passport photo, you can apply for a new pass right away.
All discounts and activities
More advantages for people with a low income
People with a low income often have the right to special measures. In The Hague these are the ‘Ooievaars measures’. For example, free travel on public transportation, a discount on health insurance or teaching materials for your child. You can find all of the advantages on the page .