Dutch voters abroad: Voting with a voter card

Are you registered as a Dutch voter abroad? And would you like to vote in the Netherlands for the European Parliament on Thursday, 6 June 2024? Request a voter card. It allows you to vote anywhere in the Netherlands. Including Bonaire, Sint-Eustatius and Saba.

You can use the voter card to vote yourself at a polling station in the Netherlands. For example, if you live in a border region or if you will be in the Netherlands on election day.

The municipality must receive your complete application by Thursday, 25 April 2024 (by 23.59 hrs. CET). A complete application consists of the filled in and signed application form. And a copy of your valid Dutch identity document.

Request a voter card

This is how you apply for a voter card (kiezerspas) for the European Parliament elections:

  • Make sure you are registered as a Dutch voter abroad.
  • Complete the ‘Voter card for Dutch voters abroad’ application form and print it out.
  • Sign the completed form.
  • Scan the signed form or take a photo of it.
  • Make a copy of your valid identity document or take a photo of it.
  • Finalise the application by sending the signed form and the copy of your identity document to the municipality.  You can submit it in 3 ways:
    • by using a personal upload link. You will receive this by email once you have completed the form.
    • by sending an email to: Begin link: kbn.verkiezingen@denhaag.nl, end link. . Send your application as an attachment, preferably as a PDF or JPG.
    • by post to:
      Gemeente Den Haag
      Verkiezingen KBN
      Postbus 84008
      2508 AA Den Haag

Your voter card will be sent to the address you provided. You can use the voter card to vote anywhere in the Netherlands. Also in Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.     

Good to know

  • Your postal voting slip will be invalidated when you apply for a voter card.
  • The Municipality of The Hague will send your voter card 6 weeks before the election. Did you unexpectedly not receive the voter pass (on time) at the address you provided? Then you unfortunately will not be able to request a replacement postal voting slip or another voter card.
  • A voter card is valid for only 1 election. Do you need a voter card again for a future election? Then you need to apply for it again.
  • To apply for a voter card you need to be registered as a Dutch voter abroad.
  • You can personally give your voter card to another voter. This person can then vote on your behalf on 6 June. You can do this, for example, if you are not able to vote yourself on election day. You must both fill out and sign the back of the voter card. 


Do you have any questions? The Municipality of The Hague organises the elections for Dutch voters abroad. The Elections Unit is available at tel. +31 70 353 44 00. Or send an email to Begin link: kbn.verkiezingen@denhaag.nl, end link. .

Watch the video about voting with a voter card for Dutch voters abroad:


How can we help?


More options

To contact page