Register as a Dutch voter abroad

Are you living outside of the Netherlands? And would you like to vote in elections from abroad? Register as a Dutch voter abroad. Your voting papers will be sent to you. Request registration here.

It is no longer possible to register for the European Parliament elections on 6 June 2024? The deadline was 25 April 2024.

Request registration

  • Complete the form
  • Print it
  • Sign it
  • Scan it or take a photo of it
  • Send the form together with a copy of your Begin link: valid identity document, end link. . You can submit it in 3 ways:
    • by using a personal upload link. You will receive this by email once you have completed the form.
    • by sending an email to: Begin link:, end link. . Send your application as an attachment, preferably as a PDF or JPG.
    • by post to:
      Gemeente Den Haag
      Verkiezingen KBN
      Postbus 84 008
      2508 AA Den Haag
    • You will receive a confirmation by email once the municipality has received your registration request.
    • You will receive a confirmation that you were added to the permanent register once the municipality has processed your request.

    Conditions for voting

    You can vote in the elections for the members of the House of Representatives (Tweede Kamer), the European Parliament and the electoral college for non-residents of the Netherlands (kiescollege niet-ingezetenen) if you:

    • live outside of the Netherlands and are not registered in a Dutch municipality
    • have Dutch citizenship (nationality)
    • are 18 years or older

    Voting by post

    The standard way of voting for Dutch voters abroad is to vote by post. You will receive your postal voting slip by post. You will receive your ballot by email.

    Voting by proxy

    You can authorise somebody to vote on your behalf through a proxy. You need to request a new proxy for each new election. Read more on the pageBegin link: Authorise somebody to vote on your behalf, end link. .

    Voting with a voter card

    You can cast your vote on election day yourself anywhere in the Netherlands (also in Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba). You do this using a voter card (kiezerspas). You need to request a new voter card for each new election. Read more on the page Begin link: Voting with a voter card, end link. .

    Temporarily abroad

    Will you be temporarily abroad on election day and are you registered in a Dutch municipality? Read more on the page Begin link: Temporarily abroad during the European Parliament elections, end link. .

    Report any changes

    Have you moved or are you going to move? Begin link: Report your change of address, end link. .


    Do you have any questions? The Municipality of The Hague organises the elections for Dutch voters abroad. The Elections Unit is available on telephone number +31 70 353 44 00. Or send an email to Begin link:, end link. .

    Watch the video about registering as a Dutch voter abroad:


    How can we help?


    More options

    To contact page