Apply for parking permit for residents
Do you live in an area with paid parking? If you have a parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking each time.
- You live in The Hague and are registered at the address for which you are ordering the resident’s parking permit.
- You do not live in the Energiekwartier or CS-Oost / Grotiusplaats. These areas are easy to reach on public transportation. And they are located at cycling distance from the downtown area, The Hague’s Central Station and Hollands Spoor station.
- You do not live on the Palaceplein.
You are the owner of a car or mircocar. Or the vehicle is registered in the name of your husband/wife or registered partner and you live together. This person is registered at the address.
You can also apply for a permit if:
- the car is a lease car
- the car is a company car
- you (temporarily) cannot use your own parking space. For example, in a garage or on your own property
- you have . For example, a staff member of an embassy
- Per address you can apply for a maximum of 3 resident’s parking permits.
- Is your car longer than 6 metres or higher than 2.40 metres? Or do you drive a camper? Then other apply.
- Are you sharing your car with somebody else? Then the following apply.
- The number plate of your car.
- Your bank account number (IBAN).
- For applications without DigiD: your citizen service number (BSN).
In the following cases you will need to submit extra documents:
- If you drive a lease car: a lease contract in your name.
- If you drive a company car: a declaration by your employer. The declaration must state that you often need the car for your work (at least 3 months). The number plate and the period during which you are going to drive the car must also be included in the declaration. Is the vehicle registered in the car lease company’s name? If so, a declaration by the car lease company and your employer is needed.
- If you drive a car with a foreign number plate: a digital version of your car’s registration document.
- You have diplomatic status and you are not registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP): a copy of your privileged person’s identity card.
The permit is linked to the car’s number plate. If you have more than 1 car, you will need to apply for a permit for each car. Per address you can apply for a maximum of 3 resident’s parking permits. You can apply for the permit online or in writing. Do you have a parking space on your own property or do you have diplomatic status? Apply in writing.
Complete the online form for your application.
You can also apply for the permit by post or email. Use the Parking permit application form for private individuals.
Parking permit application form for private individuals(PDF, 163.1 KB)
Complete the form and send it together with any required documents to:
Gemeente Den Haag
Handhavingsorganisatie, team Parkeervergunningen
2501 VE Den Haag
Postage is not required.
For each application you pay € 16.05 in fees in 2023. You will also pay the fees for the permit each year. The rates are:
|Number of cars||Fees for 12 months (rate in 2023)|
|1st car at 1 address||€ 90|
|2nd car at 1 address||€ 314.45|
|3rd and additional car(s) at 1 address||€ 628.85|
You can choose the date when your parking permit starts. The application depends on how you apply and the method of payment:
- With iDeal: your permit can take effect immediately.
- By direct debit or invoice: minimum of 10 working days.
- By direct debit: minimum of 5 working days.
- By invoice: minimum of 10 working days.
- For some areas of The Hague it is not possible to apply for a parking permit. And in some areas the permit is valid only in the evening. More information on the permit areas can be found on the .
- Are you disabled? Then you may be able to apply for a . This permit allows you to park in all paid parking spots in The Hague.
- Are many people living at 1 address, for example in a multi-tenant building or complex? Then you may have to pay the more expensive rate for a 2nd or 3rd car. The municipality will determine the rate based on the waste tax. Are the residents who are living at 1 address paying the waste tax separately? Then you will pay the basic rate (rate for 1st car) for your parking permit.