Rental Helpdesk (Huurbalie)
The Rental Helpdesk (Huurbalie) provides tenants and landlords in The Hague’s private rental sector with free advice and information. For example, on questions about contracts or maintenance.
Questions and advice
The Rental Helpdesk helps tenants in the private sector with questions about:
- signing a rental contract
- solving problems with the landlord
- dampness and mould in the rental property:
Assistance and subsequent steps
The Rental Helpdesk will give you advice on what subsequent steps you need to take. If necessary, it will refer you to other organisations, for example:
- , for domestic nuisance, such as:
- a dispute with neighbours
- nuisance caused by animals
- illegal room rentals
- an unsafe feeling around the main entrance
- The : for difficult questions for example, about taxes, extra allowances or benefits.
- : when there is overdue maintenance and illegal housing
- : for questions about the rental price of your home
Do you live in a rental property which belongs to a housing association? Then you are advised to contact your housing association directly.
The Rental Helpdesk provides landlords in the private sector with information about:
- calculating the rental price
- making agreements with a tenant
- applying for permits for rental properties
- maintenance work for rental properties
- reporting nuisance caused by tenants
- making a rental property energy-efficient
Hou van je Huis:
Telephone: (070) 353 99 31
- Monday from 13.00 to 17.00 hrs.
- Tuesday to Thursday from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs.
- Friday from 9.00 to 1300 hrs.
Tenants and landlords can make the property energy-efficient. Measures include adding insulation, switching over to an induction stove and installing solar panels. Would you like to learn what tenants can do to save energy? Look at the website .
Tips for searching for a new home in The Hague (in Dutch)(PDF, 889.7 KB)
‘Hou van je Huis’ newsletter
Would you like to learn more about (sustainable) home maintenance, energy saving measures, subsidies and financing? Sign up for the Hou van je Huis newsletter (in Dutch). For the latest news, smart tips and great discounts.