Apply for proof of citizen service number (BSN)
A proof of the citizen service number (BSN) is an extract from the Personal Records Database (BRP) which also states your BSN.
This extract contains:
- your surname
- your given name(s)
- your date and place of birth
- your home address
- your citizen service number
This extract is only available in Dutch.
Apply for the extract online (in Dutch) via MijnDenHaag.
- Do you need the extract right away? Then you can request it without an appointment at City Hall Spui or the Leyweg City Office. Look at the . You will get the document right away. You will have to bring a valid form of identification. If your BSN is not on this proof of identity, take your with you (for example, write it on a piece of paper).
- Are you requesting an extract on behalf of somebody else? Bring (a copy of) the valid form of identification for this person. You will also need written authorisation. You can use the BRP written authorisation form for this.
- Are you applying for an extract for your children and are they younger than 16 years old? Then you do not need written authorisation.
BRP written authorisation form(PDF, 204.7 KB)
€ 16.65 (rate in 2023). You pay € 17.66 (including postage costs) directly through iDEAL when you apply online.
Are you applying for the extract online? The municipality will send you the extract within 3 working days. This can take longer depending on the mail service to your home address.