Deregister from the municipality

If you are moving, report your move to the new municipality where you will be living. Will you be moving abroad? Then you deregister from the municipality. See which situation applies to you.

You are moving within The Hague

If you are going to move within The Hague, report your move to the Municipality of The Hague. You can do this from 4 weeks before your move to 5 days after your move. Read more under Report your move.

You are moving to another municipality

If you are going to move to another municipality in the Netherlands, report the move to your new municipality. You will be registered there. You will then automatically be deregistered from The Hague. You can find more information on the website of the municipality you are moving to.

You are moving to another country

If you will be moving to another country, deregister from the municipality. You can do this up to 5 days before your date of departure. Read more under Report your move abroad (deregistration).

You would like to deregister a housemate or tenant

Would you like to report a move for somebody else? This is allowed if you meet the conditions or if you have been authorised to do so. Look at the conditions under Report your move.

Is somebody registered at your address who does not reside there? Request an address investigation.

Also see

Published: 13 August 2020Modified: 30 March 2021