BSN and registration as a non-resident of the Netherlands (RNI)
Do you live outside the Netherlands? Or are you staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months? For example, because you will do seasonal work or a short study or internship? And you do not yet have a citizen service number (BSN)? Then you can apply for a BSN. You need this number to arrange your government affairs.
Make an appointment at 1 of the . The Hague is 1 of these RNI municipalities. You will then get a citizen service number (BSN). Your information will be recorded in the Non-residents Records Database (Registratie Niet-ingezetenen, RNI).
- A . This may not be a driving licence.
- The ‘Request for registration in the Non-residents Records Database’. You can download the form in 15 languages from the . Complete and print the form and bring it with you to your appointment at the RNI service counter.
Would you like to register underage children (under the age of 16) in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI)? Then also take the following documents with you:
- A for the child (who is attending the registration appointment).
- A for you (the parent who is attending the registration appointment).
- An original birth certificate and (if applicable) the acknowledgement certificate for these children showing that you are the parent.
- Sometimes your certificate or document needs to be legalised (made official) and/or translated. You can look up country specific information on the . Choose the country which issued your document.
You can call the municipality on tel. 14070 to make an appointment. From abroad you can call tel. +31 70 353 30 00.
You can make an appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8.30 to 16.15 hrs.
Make sure that you are on time for your appointment. If you arrive too late, there may be no time to help you.
You will be registered immediately in the RNI during the appointment. You will get your citizen service number (BSN) right away.
- Read how you can request an .
- Once you are registered in the RNI, you remain registered in the RNI.
- Will you be living at an address in the Netherlands for longer than 4 months? where you are living. Will you be moving abroad again afterwards for a longer period? to the municipality where you are living.