Bike-sharing and e-moped-sharing in The Hague
In The Hague you can make use of a bicycle through a bike-sharing, e-moped-sharing or cargo bike-sharing scheme. Read more on this page about the advantages, how it works and the rules.
Advantages of bike-sharing and e-moped-sharing
Using the bike-sharing and e-moped-sharing scheme offers many advantages:
- You do not need to buy your own bicycle or e-moped. You can use the bike-sharing or e-moped-sharing scheme whenever you need it. The advantage is that you only pay for the use of the bike or e-moped and not the maintenance. And because more people are making use of the scheme, there are fewer vehicles on the roads.
- You often can get closer to your destination by bike or e-moped than by car. You do not need to search for a parking spot.
- If you are coming from outside the city, you can often combine the train ride with the bike-sharing or e-moped-sharing scheme.
- The mopeds are electric. This is good for the environment.
- Cargo bikes are convenient for doing grocery shopping or taking an excursion with children. This means you no longer need a car. This is also good for the environment.
Using bike-sharing or e-moped-sharing
Would you like to use the bike-sharing, cargo bike-sharing or e-moped-sharing scheme? Look at the websites of the providers. There you can find more information, look at the rates and download the app.
Park the shared bike or e-moped in a spot where it will not cause nuisance to others. This can be at an existing bicycle parking facility or on the sidewalk. Make sure that when you park it on the sidewalk that you choose a spot with sufficient space. The bike/e-moped should in no way be blocking the way of pedestrians or people in a wheelchair.
Rules for the providers
- The rules for parking the bicycles and e-mopeds in the bike-sharing scheme are the same as for regular bicycles and e-mopeds.
- Every provider will start out with a maximum number of bicycles or e-mopeds.
- The providers will ensure that a bicycle or e-moped does not remain standing for too long at 1 spot.
- The providers wil ensure that broken or wrongly parked bicycles or e-moped are quickly removed after they have been reported.
Despite the agreements the municipality has made with the providers, it is possible that the bicycles and e-mopeds in the scheme are left standing in wrong spots. Do you have a question or complaint about these bicycles or e-mopeds? Contact the provider of the bicycle/e-moped. The contact information is always found on the bicycle or e-moped. Use the provider’s online contact form to report a problem.