Order or return a household rubbish bin (kliko)
Do you live in a neighbourhood where rubbish bins (kliko’s) for household waste, paper, organic waste (GFT) and/or plastic packaging, metal packaging and drink cartons are in use? Order a new container or trade in a container for another size for free.
You can order a (mini) container, trade it for another type or have it collected for free in these situations:
- If your container is broken.
- If you would like to trade a container for a smaller or larger type.
- If you no longer want a container.
Is your street getting underground rubbish containers? Place your old rubbish container outside on the final collection day. It will be picked up for free.
Only private individuals are allowed to order the minicontainers for use in their own household.
- You may order containers only if the Haagse Milieu Services (HMS) empties these containers in your street. For example, for household waste, paper or plastic packaging, metal packaging and drink cartons.
- Are there underground rubbish containers in your neighbourhood? Then you will not be able to order your own minicontainer for household waste.
- The minicontainers are most suitable for low-rise buildings or ground floor homes. You may only order a container if you have enough space to store it on your own property, like in your garden, shed or cellar. The container may not be placed in the public space, this is permitted only on the day it is emptied.
- For household waste, paper and plastic packaging, metal packaging and drink cartons you may request 1 container (per type of waste) per address.
Depending on your situation, you can choose a:
- Household waste bin, with a black lid, with a volume of either 140 litres for 3 garbage bags or 240 litres for 6 garbage bags.
- GFT (organic waste) container with a green lid with a volume of 25 litres, 140 litres or 240 litres.
- Paper bin with a blue lid with a volume of 140 litres or 240 litres.
- Container for plastic packaging, metal packaging and drink cartons with an orange lid with a volume of 140 litres or 240 litres.
Fill in the form below.
Replace your container
Tick in the form on the option ‘Aanvragen’. You will then get a letter with the date your new container will be delivered. Would you like to turn in your old container? Place your old container outside on the delivery day before 8.00 hrs. in the morning.
Arrange for your container to be collected
Tick in the form on the option ‘Op laten halen’. You will receive a letter about when your old container will be picked up. Make sure that your old container is empty when it is picked up.
How long does it take?
You will get the container from the Haagse Milieu Services (HMS) within 21 days.