Report nuisance caused by a company

Are you bothered by noise or other nuisance caused by a company? Report it to the municipality. Your report will be forwarded to the Omgevingsdienst Haaglanden (ODH).

It is not possible to report all forms of nuisance to the ODH:

  • Residents of Scheveningen can report noise nuisance caused by businesses on the beach and the beach restaurants 24 hours a day during the beach season.
  • Are you bothered by noise during an event? Call the police on tel. 0900 – 8844.
  • Are you experiencing problems caused by construction work? Look at Report nuisance during construction work.
  • Do you regularly experience nuisance caused by rowdy people in your neighbourhood? Call the police on tel. 0900 – 8844.
  • Are you disturbed by a screeching noise caused by trams? You can report this kind of nuisance to the HTM(External link).

You need to provide the following information in your report:

  • your name, address, email and telephone number (the ODH will not follow up on anonymous reports)
  • the address of the company causing the nuisance
  • description of the nuisance

You can make a report of nuisance caused by a company using the nuisance reporting form on the website of the ODH .


An official from the Omgevingsdienst Haaglanden will contact you within 5 working days after receiving your report. The ODH will investigate whether the company you reported is abiding by the general noise regulations. The ODH can only follow up once it is clear that a company is violating the legal rules. If this is difficult to prove, it could take longer before the ODH is able to do something about it.


How can we help?