Temporary permit to serve alcohol

You may not serve alcohol without a permit. You can obtain an exemption to the ban on serving alcohol for special occasions such as an event.


  • For a temporary permit to serve alcohol you need a so-called Verklaring Sociale HygiĆ«ne (social hygiene declaration) from the Stichting Vakbekwaamheid Horeca (SVH).
  • The event must be temporary (no more than 12 consecutive days).
  • You may only serve light alcoholic drinks.
  • No exemptions will be granted to schools. See:
Alcohol ban for schools (in Dutch) (PDF, 114,1 kB)


Apply for temporary permit (in Dutch)



How long does it take?

You must submit the application for the temporary permit at least 8 weeks before the start of the event.

Also see: Horecawijzer (in Dutch)