Switch the number plate on your parking permit
Do you (temporarily) have a new car? And do you have a parking permit for residents? Then you need to change the number plate on your parking permit. Notify the municipality of the change in number plate free of charge.
- You can switch your number plate a maximum of 4 times per calendar year.
- You can park your new car only as of the change of date you indicated.
- Are you sharing your car with somebody else? Then the following Begin link: , end link. apply.
You can change your number plate temporarily or for a longer period of time.
Change number plate for longer period
Temporarily change number plate
- Fill in the starting date and ending date. You can temporarily change your number plate for a period of maximum 1 month.
- Did you get your car back earlier than expected? Notify the municipality of the change in your number plate via ‘Change number plate for a longer period’.
- Will you get your car back later than expected? Then this is again a temporary change. Notify the municipality of the change in your number plate via ‘Temporarily change number plate’.
Confirmation by email
You will always receive an email which confirms the change in your number plate. Did you not receive an email? And did you also check your spam folder? Then the change did not go through. Report the change again.
Report a change via MijnDenHaag
You can also report the change in number plate in MijnDenHaag. Log in with DigiD.
Did you purchase a new car or are you driving a leased car or a company car? Then you need to send extra documents when changing your number plate. These documents are not required for a temporary change in your number plate.
These are the extra documents:
- For a new car which is not yet in the Dutch Road Transport Directorate (RDW) system: a scan of the proof of purchase, vehicle registration certificate 1A and 1B or your number plate card (the card which replaces the old vehicle registration certificate 1A and 1B).
- For a leased car: a scan of the lease contract in your name.
- If you will be driving a company car for a longer period of time: a scan of an employer’s declaration.
Is the new number plate registered in somebody else’s name? To switch the number plate send an email to Begin link: , end link. .