Parking permit for caregivers

Do you receive informal care and do you live in an area where paid parking is in effect? A parking permit for caregivers allows your caregivers to park close to your home without having to pay on the spot. Informal care (mantelzorg) is a non-professional, unpaid form of help provided by a member of a person's social network


  • You live in a parking permit area in the Municipality of The Hague and you need informal care for medical reasons.
  • You can prove that you are dependent on home care or support. You can do this using the documents listed under What you need for your application.
  • Your caregiver is not registered at your address.
  • Are you going to move? Then you must notify the Municipal Parking Division of your new address and permit number(s). If you are moving within your old permit area, then you can use the old permit until the end date on your permit.
  • The parking permit for caregivers has a credit of 400 parking hours per year. Starting in 2018 it will be possible to automatically carry over any unused hours to the new permit year. You are permitted to carry over a maximum of 50 hours.

        What you need for your application

        • A copy of your passport, driving licence or identity card
        • One of the following documents:

          • A copy of a valid WMO decision which states that you are getting informal care.
          • A copy of a Centrum Indicatiestelling Zorg (CIZ) statement for long-term care within the framework of the Wlz (Wet langdurige zorg).
          • A copy of a referral by the district nurse for district nursing care within the frame work of the Zvw (Zorgverzekeringswet).


          • The one-time application fee for the parking permit for informal caregivers in 2018: € 13.60.
          • As of 1 January 2018 the parking permit for caregivers is free).

            Purchasing extra (care) parking hours

            In the first quarter of 2018 it will become possible to purchase extra hours on the parking permit for caregivers. You may purchase an extra 50 hours per permit year. The fee for this is € 75. Permit holders will receive a letter notifying them about the starting date to purchase extra parking hours.

              How long does it take?

              The Municipal Parking Division will contact you within 2 weeks after receiving your application form.


              Apply for the parking permit for caregivers using the form Parkeervergunning voor mantelzorg:

              Application form Parkeervergunning voor mantelzorg 2017 (Dutch) (PDF, 88,5 kB)

              Print out the form, complete it, include the required documents and send it by post to the address stated on the form.

              Register and deregister parking for caregiver

              You must register and deregister your caregiver's parking session. Read how to do this under Register and deregister visitors for parking.