BRP registration for international students

International students who will be staying in The Hague for longer than 4 months are required to be registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP). The students will then get a citizen service number (BSN).

The municipality organises central registration days each year. During this registration day, international students can get registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP).

Belangrijke informatie:

The central registration days have already taken place for the 2022-2023 academic year. Students now have to make an appointment to get registered in the BRP. Call tel. 14070 from Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00 hrs. to make an appointment.


    The students will receive a citizen service number (BSN) approximately 6 weeks after registering in the BRP. This number is required to open a bank account or take out a health insurance policy.

    Moving and deregistration

    Will you be moving to another address in The Hague after you registered? Report your move.

    Will you be moving to another municipality or abroad? Deregister from the municipality.


    International students can contact The Hague International Centre (THIC) with any questions about living, studying and working in The Hague.

    Published: 27 September 2022Modified: 27 September 2022