Certify a copy or transcript

Certain transactions require certified documents. You can get these from the municipality. The municipality provides a stamp and signature to confirm that a copy of a document is an exact copy of the original.

What can you have certified?

You can have the following documents certified by the municipality:

  • a Dutch travel document
  • a Dutch driving licence
  • a contract
  • a statement or declaration

What can you not have certified?

  • copies of diplomas and certificates: For this you need to contact the educational institute where you earned your diploma or certificate
  • church-related documents

The original document.

Make an appointment to have your document certified. The appointment will take place at the Department of Public Service counter at Begin link: City Hall Spui or the Leyweg City Office, end link. .

Per page:

  • A4 format or larger: € 17.35 (in 2024)
You can pay in cash or use a bank card at City Hall Spui. You can only use a bank card at the Leyweg City Office. Unfortunately it is not possible to pay with a credit card.

The documents will be certified while you wait.


How can we help?


More options

To contact page