Request a civil status document for someone else
You can request a copy or extract of a document for someone else. You can do this online.
Would you like to request a copy or extract of a document for someone else? This is possible only if you:
- are the child or grandchild or the parent or grandparent (not a brother or sister)
- are a beneficiary
- are the spouse or registered partner
- are the legal representative
- need the document for a legal procedure
- need the document to get married or enter into a registered partnership
- have written consent (authorisation)
€ 16.60 (in 2024) excluding postage costs. After you have applied you will receive the invoice by email.
The municipality will send you the copy or extract within 6 weeks.
- your valid form of identification
In the following cases you also need to send:
- if you are the child or grandchild, the parent or grandparent or the spouse or registered partner: a copy of the identification for the person for whom you are requesting the certificate
- if you are a beneficiary: a copy of the certificate of inheritance. You will get this from the notary
- if you are the legal representative: a document which affirms this
- if you are authorised: written consent from the person for whom you are requesting the certificate, with a copy of this person’s valid form of identification.
For authorisation you can use the written authorisation form for the Registry Office. Include this document with your application.
Written authorisation form for the Registry Office(PDF, 87.2 KB)
You can apply for the document online.
You will find an overview of all documents for which you can request a copy or extract under Begin link: , end link. .
Are you having difficulties?
Are you unable to apply online? Or are there special circumstances? Then you might be able to visit the emergency desk. More information and the conditions can be found under Begin link: , end link. .
You can make a safe copy of your identity document with your mobile telephone or tablet using the KopieID app. Read more on the Begin external link: , end external link..