Request a multilingual standard form

The multilingual standard form is a translation of a public document you requested at the municipality.

Would you like to use a document you have requested at the municipality in another European Union (EU) country? An authority can ask you for a multilingual standard form. You will get the document in Dutch and in the language of the country where you are handing in the document.

You can request a multilingual standard form for:

  • an extract of a civil status certificate (birth, marriage, civil partnership, death)
  • attestation de vita
  • a declaration of no impediment
  • a standard BRP extract with information about your home address or civil status

You can request the document and the multilingual standard form at the same time.

Send an email to: Begin link:, end link. . Your email should include the following information:

  • your name and address
  • the document you would like to request
  • that you would also like to request a multilingual standard form
  • the name of the EU country
  • a copy/scan of your valid form of identification

The municipality will send the multilingual standard form to you together with the invoice.

The fees are the same as the fees for the document you are requesting. In total you pay twice the amount.

A multilingual standard form costs (in2024):

  • € 16.60 extra for a standard extract from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriage
  • € 29 extra for a declaration of no impediment

The municipality will send you your copy or multiple-language (international) extract within 3 weeks.

  • You can request a multiple-language (international extract) for, for example, a birth certificate, marriage certificate and death certificate. The extract has an explanation in the following languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish and Serbo-Croatian. If you request this document, you will not need a multilingual standard form in many cases.

  • You can make a safe copy of your identity document with your mobile telephone or tablet using the KopieID app. Read more on the Begin external link: website of the Dutch government(External link), end external link..


How can we help?


More options

To contact page