Proof of deregistration from the Netherlands (before October 1994)
- 01 December 2015
- 24 October 2016
The Municipality of The Hague is responsible for a number of national tasks for the whole of the Netherlands. You can thus apply here for proof that you were deregistered from the Netherlands before 1 October 1994 or for a copy of a personal record card from the settlement register (vestigingsregister).
With the proof of deregistration, the Dutch government declares that you were deregistered from the Dutch population register before 1 October 1994. You need this document, for example, if you want to renew your Dutch driving licence or travel document.
Please note: you can request a ‘deregistration from the Netherlands’ as of 1 October 1994 from the Municipality of The Hague or at 1 of the other 18 municipalities which maintain the Non-residents Records Database (RNI).
You can request the proof of deregistration online.
Copy of a personal record card from the settlement register
Sometimes an agency can request a copy of your personal record card from the settlement register. You can use the form to request this copy. Even if you make the request on behalf of a municipality or other government agency.
You can also request the extract or the copy of the personal record card in writing. Send your application and a copy of a valid form of identification to:
2500 DL Den Haag
Please keep in mind that it takes longer to process an application in writing. Applications received by email will not be processed.
Needed for the application
- A letter with your personal details, your (postal) address and the purpose of your request.
- A copy of your valid form of identification.
- Are you requesting a proof of deregistration for someone else? Then you will also need a copy of this person’s identification and written authorisation.
Information on the extract
The deregistration extract can include the following details:
- first names
- date and place of birth
- date of deregistration
- last municipality in which you were registered
- country of destination
- possibly your nationality or nationalities and marital status on date of deregistration
- You were deregistered from the Dutch population register (now the Personal Records Database) between 1940 and 1 October 1994 and you did not re-register in a municipality in the Netherlands after this date.
A statement of deregistration from the Netherlands (before October 1994) costs € 4.05. You will have to pay for postage for a written application.
How long does it take?
Approximately 2 months.