Parking in The Hague
- 18 December 2015
- 29 November 2016
In many parts of The Hague, you have to pay a fee for on-street parking. However, at times it is much easier and cheaper for you to park in one of the parking garages rather than on the street.
Paid parking is being introduced in more and more areas of The Hague. Here you can find an overview of paid on-street parking in The Hague.
Below you will find different options for parking your car in The Hague.
- Parking in the city centre. If you happen to drive to the centre of the city, your best option will be to park in one of the 20 multistorey or underground car parks which provide 6,500 parking spaces. The system of electronic parking information signs will guide you easily to the nearest available parking spot. Also see Parking in The Hague city centre.
- Parking in Scheveningen. The popular seaside resort of Scheveningen has its own electronic parking information system, which will guide you to 1 of 4,500 parking spaces in 3 multistorey parking garages or 2 open car parks. Also see Parking at the beach.
- P+R facilities. The Hague has 6 park-and-ride facilities in Hoornwijck, Ypenburg, De Uithof, Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië, Bronovo Hospital and Leiden. Motorists can park their cars there and then travel on to their destinations in the city by public transport.
Paying for on-street parking
Make sure that you pay the correct fee at the parking meter; otherwise you can expect to receive a gift in the form of a parking fine. This will mean that you will be required to pay € 60 (2016) in addition to the 1-hour parking fee.
Below you wil find a number of ways you can pay for on-street parking.
- Bank card / credit card. You can pay for on-street parking in The Hague with your bank card or credit card at all of the city’s parking metres. In 2016 all of the automated parking ticket dispensers will be converted into parking metrers which will operate on the basis of number plate parking. See Paying for parking with bank card and credit card.
- Phone parking. Consider subscribing to the handy system of paying for on-street parking with your mobile phone or through internet. Subscriptions are valid in other large cities in the Netherlands and sometimes even at a number of parking garages. Visit Pay-by-phone parking in The Hague to get more information about service providers and customer registration.
- Parking permit for residents. If you live in a paid parking zone, you may be entitled to a parking permit for your neighbourhood. Visit our information on Parking permits for residents.
These signs indicate where you must pay to park your car on the street. Rates and times for metered parking are specified on all parking metres.
Please note that you must also pay for parking in the centre of The Hague and in Scheveningen in the evening and during the weekend.
Plan ahead and find out about parking facilities at your intended destination before you go.