Market on the Herman Costerstraat
- 16 August 2016
- 16 August 2016
The general goods market, better known as the Haagse Markt or ‘Haagse Mart’, can be found on the Herman Costerstraat.
The Haagse Markt is open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs.
The market is located in the neighbourhood of Transvaal and borders on the Schilderswijk. The market is bound by the following streets: Herman Costerstraat, Heemstraat, Hobbemaplein and Hoflandplein. The Haagse Markt can be reached by tram or bus.
Public transportation stops can be found at:
- Hobbemaplein: tram 6, 11, 12 and bus 25.
- Hoefkade: tram 11, 12 and bus 127, 130.
Look at www.htm.net for the most up-to-date travel information.
About the Haagse Markt
- The Haagse Markt with more than 500 permanent stalls is one of the largest open-air markets in Europe. The market is open 4 days a week and covers an area the size of about 3 football fields.
- The Haagse Markt was completely refurbished in 2014 and 2015. The narrow aisles were replaced with wide paths measuring about 800 metres long and the old stalls were replaced with new modern units.
- It is a unique market in the Netherlands with a wide variety of products. Here you will find a large range of fresh vegetables, fruit, fish and meat, but you can also buy clothing and household items. The market is known especially for its wide range of exotic products.
- The market is visited daily by thousands of people and provides employment to about 1,000 people. The Haagse Markt is a meeting point of many cultures.
More information about the Haagse Markt can be found at www.dehaagsemarkt.nl.