Apply for an all-in-one building permit
Are you planning to build, rebuild or renovate? Cut down a tree? Display an outdoor advertisement? Place solar panels? Or make changes to a building or a site which will give it a different function? First check whether you need an all-in-one building permit. Or apply right away for an all-in-one building permit.
Are you going to carry out 1 of the following activities? Keep in mind that you need to apply for an all-in-one building permit before you start:
- placing a sign, roof structure, roof dormer, roof terrace
- placing solar panels. In the Zonnewijzer online permit check you can see if you need an all-in-one building permit. You will also get information on how you can most easily apply for a permit. More information can be found on
- dividing an independent living space into 2 or more independent living spaces (activity: construction permit)
- building or renovating a building where you deviate from the rules in the municipal zoning plan (activity: exemption from or amendments to a zoning plan)
- giving a building a function which is not in the zoning plan, for example turning a home into a business premises (activity: exemption from or amendments to a zoning plan)
- altering a municipal or national listed monument (activity: renovation or demolition of protected monuments)
- providing overnight accommodation or daytime accommodation to children or people who are physically or mentally disabled (activity: permit regarding fire safety). More information can be found on the
- (activity: advertising)
- demolishing (part of) a monument or a building in an area with protected status (activity: demolition work in an area with protected status)
- building or altering cycle paths, paved surfaces or a protected natural nature area. And in some cases painting facades (activity: construction work in areas of scenic or cultural and historic value)
- (activity: felling trees)
- establishing or altering a business or technical installation. You can report this on (activity: establishing a company). More information can be found on the .
- building or changing a driveway to a municipal public road (activity: construction of an entry or exit)
Are you going to carry out activities as described above? Then there is a big chance that you need a permit. You can check this in different ways:
Do you want to know if you need a permit for your building or renovation plans? Do a permit check in the Omgevingsloket Online (OLO). In the OLO can you find for example:
- conditions for the dimensions for a roof dormer or extension
- conditions for the circumference of a tree or the size of the garden where the tree is standing.
The municipality needs all your information to be able to assess the feasibility of your plans according to the rules. Provide this information on time and make it as complete as possible.
Often you can apply for different building activities using 1 application procedure.
Ask for refund
Discount on building fees
- For most applications the municipality is required to respond within 8 weeks. The municipality has the right to extend this period 1 time by 6 weeks at most. If the municipality misses this deadline, the permit will be granted automatically.
More complex applications can take up to 26 weeks. For example for:
- an application to establish or alter a company (environmental permit)
- renovation or demolition of protected monuments
- changes to a zoning plan
- permits regarding fire safety
If the municipality misses this deadline, the permit will not be granted automatically.
You will receive a letter stating how long the procedure will take.
Permit for small-scale building works
Some applications are confidential and are therefore not public. For example, when they concern security or the protection of monuments or museums.
- The municipality will assess your application and will also look at the interests of your neighbours. If the municipality approves your application, they can file an objection to the granted all-in-one building permit.
- It is important to maintain good relations with your neighbours if you are planning to do building work. There are different ways to or to look up information about the building work.
Are you applying for an initial ruling on an all-in-one building permit? In most cases you need to submit supporting documents. These documents are not public and cannot be requested.