Complaint about the Municipality of The Hague

Are you not satisfied with the services of the Municipality of The Hague? The municipality would like to get feedback. Your complaint could be about the way the municipality is doing its job, but also about how you have been treated by a municipal employee.

You do not have a complaint about the municipality, but would you like to report a problem in the public space? Is something broken or is there litter on the street? The ‘public space’ is a collective term for the spots which we all use; for example, parks, gardens, streets and public squares. Please report a problem to the municipality.

How to file the complaint?

You can file your complaint online using the complaints form. Although the form is in Dutch, you may describe your complaint in English.

You can take a maximum 10-minute break from filling in the online form. Stopping for a longer amount of time will cause you to lose all of your work. Do you need more time? Click on the option ‘Opslaan en later verder gaan’ (Save and continue later) at the bottom of each page in the form. If you then provide your email address, you will receive a link. This link gives you up to 48 hours to finish filling in the form and to submit it.

Submit your complaint using DigiD

Submit your complaint

If you do not have DigiD or you live outside of The Hague, you can also submit your complaint without DigiD.


    • You can submit your complaint in writing in the form of a letter. Please include your name, telephone number and address.
    • You can make your complaint known verbally by phoning the general number for the municipality: 14070.
    • You can also submit a complaint at the information desks at 1 of the city district offices.

    How long does it take?

    You will always receive a response to your complaint. The municipality will deal with your complaint within 6 weeks, or within 10 weeks if the matter is complicated.

    Presenting a complaint to the Municipal ombudsman

    If you believe the municipality has not dealt with your complaint properly or if you think it does not make sense for you to first file a complaint with the municipality, you can present your complaint to the Municipal Ombudsman.

    Complaint about the police

    Do you think you have been treated improperly by the police? Please file a complaint via 'klachtenregeling politie' (

    Also see

    Would you like to report something in the public space, make the municipality liable for damage, lodge an objection to a decision or give the municipality a compliment? Look at the page Klacht, melding, bezwaar en compliment (in Dutch).

    Published: 14 April 2017Modified: 26 November 2018