Procedures for Highly-Skilled Migrants

Are you coming to the Netherlands to work as a highly-skilled migrant (kennismigrant)?

The Municipality of The Hague and the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) have introduced a residency procedure for you and your family members.

Your employer should submit an application for a provisional residence permit (MVV) and residence permit (VVR) before you arrive in the Netherlands. Once you arrive, you will be invited to The Hague International Centre to register with the Municipality of the Hague and you will receive your citizen service number (BSN).

To read about the exact procedure, click on Registration procedures highly-skilled migrants.

Also see

Published: 13 June 2016Modified: 29 January 2018