Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre

Are you bothered by something or somebody in your living environment? Report it to the Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre (Meld- en Steunpunt Woonoverlast).

Report the following:

  • noise
  • conflicts with neighbours
  • feeling unsafe at the entrance to their building
  • filth
  • nuisance caused by animals
  • unlawful subletting
Watch the video Meld- en Steunpunt Woonoverlast (YouTube channel of the municipality)

Who is it for?

The Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre is for:

  • owners
  • residents
  • tenants of privately-owned homes.

Are you renting your property from a housing corporation? Report the nuisance directly to the corporation.

Report domestic nuisance

Report nuisance

How the Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre works

The Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre works together with different organisations in The Hague. They can tackle different forms of domestic disturbances. For example:

  • parties which can provide care and support such as the Public Health Department (GGD Haaglanden) or the Bureau Bemiddeling & Mediation (mediation agency).
  • the police
  • municipal enforcement teams

The Centre will assess which organisation can provide the best solution in your situation. This will then be discussed with the person reporting the nuisance. If more than one organisation is involved in the case, it will be coordinated by a case manager at the Domestic Nuisance Complaints Centre.

Due to the coronavirus it can take a bit longer before the municipality deals with your complaint.

The Hague Housing Inspection Bureau

If the problem concerns unlawful residence or other illegal home use? For example, cannabis cultivation? Then The Hague Housing Inspection Bureau will address this.

More information

Published: 25 October 2016Modified: 22 September 2020