Change personal details in the BRP

Are you registered at an address in The Hague? And do your details appear incorrectly in the Personal Records Database (BRP) or would you like to remove your personal details from the BRP? Then you can submit a request to the municipality to have your personal details corrected, removed or changed in the BRP.


You are registered at an address in The Hague.

Needed for the application

You must sign your request.


  • In writing: send your request with a description of the correction to the Department of Public Service.
  • In person: you can also submit your request to the Department of Public Service at the City Hall or the Leyweg City Office.
  • Make an appointment right away. This way you avoid a long wait at the City Office or City Hall.

Make an appointment

How long does it take?

This depends on how quickly the municipality can approve your request.



Also see

  • Would you like to change your address details in the BRP rather than your personal details? Do this on the page Change address details in the BRP.
  • Would you like to see an overview of your personal details as they have been registered in the municipality's Personal Records Database (BRP)? Log in to MijnDenHaag using your DigiD.
  • Would you like to register foreign certificates in the BRP? For example, documents concerning a birth, marriage, death, divorce, acknowledgment or adoption abroad? Go to Registering foreign documents in the BRP.
  • Do your personal details appear incorrectly, and you have tried everything to correct it? You can submit a request to the Contact Centre for Errors in Government Registrations (MFO). This is a national contact centre.