Certificate of termination of unmarried partnership

Have you terminated your unmarried partnership? You can request written proof of this. You will then get a copy of this certificate. You request the copy at the municipality where you registered your partnership.


  • You entered into your unmarried partnership in The Hague.
  • You had your partnership terminated through a court, notary or lawyer.

How does it work?

An authority asks you for your certificate of termination of unmarried partnership. You request this in the municipality where you entered into the partnership. You will then get a copy of the certificate. It will state that you terminated your partnership. The copy is also called a certified, official or authenticated copy. The original certificate remains the property of the municipality.

Copy in another language

The copy is only available in Dutch. Do you need a copy of the certificate in another language? Then you need to arrange for the copy to be translated by a sworn translator.


€ 13.80 (2020) excluding postage costs. After you have applied you will receive an invoice by email.

How long does it take?

The municipality will send you the copy within 15 working days.

Good to know

  • You can also request a copy for someone else. Read more about this under Request a copy or extract for someone else.
  • If you would like to use the document abroad, then you often need an 'apostille'. You can request this through the court. Read more about the apostille on rechtspraak.nl.
  • Do you need to have the document translated? You can have documents from abroad translated into Dutch by a sworn translator. For documents which are needed within the European Union you can request a multilingual standard form along with the document from the Netherlands.


Apply for copy

Also see