Published: 03 September 2012 Modified: 21 December 2012
- Use of personal information
- Protection of personal information
- Providing data to third parties
- Responsibility for external links
- Your rights
- Applicable law
- Change to Privacy Statement
The Municipality of The Hague respects the privacy of the visitors to the platform www.denhaag.nl and related websites such as www.thehague.com (henceforth: the ‘Platform’). Your personal information will be treated with care during a visit to the Platform and use of interactive services. The Municipality of The Hague complies with all legal requirements in this area, including the requirements prescribed by the Personal Data Protection Act on storing and using personal information.
The Municipality of The Hague uses personal information it is provided within the context of the Platform only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. By using the Platform you give permission to the municipality to use personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Use of personal information
The Municipality of The Hague uses the personal information you provided for municipal services and to maintain contact with you. If you register for one of the municipality's services, your e-mail address and information about your interests may be used, for example to personalise an e-mail.
Some cookies are stored in the computer's memory only during a user's browsing session and are automatically deleted from the user's computer when the browser is closed (session cookies). Some cookies remain active (persistent cookies). These cookies can retain user preferences for a particular website to be used in future browsing sessions.
There is also a difference between functional and non-functional cookies. Functional cookies help the user interact with the website, such as filling in a form. The user does not need non-functional cookies to visit the website, but they are used to measure and track how people use the website.
Under Dutch law
This website uses the following cookies:
- Cookies for Google Analytics (utma, utmb, utmc, utmv and utmz): these cookies are placed by the American company Google and used by the Municipality of The Hague to show what users are visiting on the website and how they search for information. They are non-functional for website users. The anonymous information is used to organise the website and to improve it on the basis of the needs of the users. The cookies store information about which pages you visit, how long you visit the pages and the type of browser being used. The Google cookies are both session and persistent cookies. Google can provide the information to third parties if the company is legally obliged to or when third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google stores the data in accordance with United States law. Read more about this on the website of Safe Harbor.
- Cookies for the web forms: these cookies remember the personal information you have supplied so that you do not have to type the same information in twice. These cookies are functional session cookies.
- Cookies for DigiD: your login information is remembered so that you can arrange all of your government forms and applications at the same time without having to log in again. The DigiD cookies are both session and persistent cookies.
You can look at and delete cookies in your browser. To do this click on 'Extra' in the menu bar and then on ‘Internet option’ (Internet Explorer) or on 'Extra' and then on ‘Options’ (Mozilla Firefox). For other browsers, you can look under 'Help'.
Protection of personal information
To protect your personal information from unauthorised access or unlawful use, the Municipality of The Hague makes use of appropriate security procedures.
The Municipality of The Hague stores your personal information during the period which is reasonably needed to correctly execute the services it provides and facilitates.
Providing data to third parties
The Municipality of The Hague will not provide your information to third parties without your prior consent, unless it is required to do so on the basis of a legal provision.
Responsibility for external links
The Platform may contain links to websites of third parties. The Municipality of The Hague is not responsible for compliance with the privacy legislation by these third parties.
You have the right to ask the Municipality of The Hague which personal information it has stored and is using. You can submit this query through the website or in writing (see Contact). The municipality will respond to this query in writing within 4 weeks in any case. Thereafter you can request the municipality to complete, correct or remove this information. These wishes must be made explicit in your request. The municipality will respond to this request within 4 weeks as well. In order to prevent misuse, we will ask you to identify yourself.
Dutch law applies to this Privacy Statement. Any disputes will be brought before the competent court in The Hague.
Change to Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be changed by the Municipality of The Hague at any time with out prior warning. Changes enter into effect as soon as they have been published on the Platform. We recommend that you consult the Privacy Statement regularly so that you are aware of the changes.