Why The Hague?
Published: 21 August 2009 Modified: 03 November 2011
There are several reasons to choose The Hague for a European headquarters and/or sales and marketing offices:
- The Hague region is home to approximately 50,000 members of the international community.
- It is an excellent and central departure point for discovering the rest of the Netherlands and Europe.
- Delft, Leiden and The Hague have beautiful old historic city centres with cafes, terraces, shops, art galleries and restaurants.
- It is located on the coast with kilometres of wonderful sandy beaches.
- More than half this region's area is covered in woodland, parks, gardens, dunes, beaches and tree-lined avenues.
- More than 20 international schools and institutes of higher learning are located in the region, from pre-school to university level.
- The area boasts first-rate residential areas in The Hague, Wassenaar, Oegstgeest and Noordwijk.
- Many international social and networking clubs.
- A large variety of religious and ideological backgrounds are represented, among others Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism.
- A number of international churches.
- About ten golf courses.
- Several yachting clubs.